While the process has multiple steps and certain things have to be done to conclude the case, there are a few things you can do to move it along.
- Be HONEST. We begin the case with only the knowledge we gain through you. If you are not honest, we can become blindsided down the road.
- Let us know ALL the providers you have/are going to see. It is helpful if you give us any medical bills or explanation of benefits (eobs) that you receive. (Click here for more information)
- Keep us up to date with your treatment. If we do not know when you are done with treatment, we cannot begin settlement discussions.
- When it comes time to do discovery, answer everything to the best of your ability and call the office with any questions. The sooner we get the answers from you; the sooner we can get them to defense counsel.
- Make certain to return our calls. We will do all of the heavy lifting but there are often times we need to ask you a question or may need you to do something. If we are unable to reach you, the case can be affected.
It is important to stay on top of these things because cases become delayed when we find out last minute that you have had a previous injury, you have a visit with a provider we did not know about, or we cannot reach you. Further, if you do not understand what is going on with your case, simply ask. We do not expect you to know the process that is what we are here to do. Give us a call at 618-254-0055 so we can help.