Keith Short was born in Chicago in 1965. In 1980 his parents moved to Anna, Illinois where he attended high school. In 1989 he graduated from SIUC with degrees in Political Science and English. He then attended Southern Illinois University School of Law, where he graduated in 1992.
Mr. Short worked full time employment throughout college and law school: auto repair, cannery, legal clerkship. In 1991 he began a clerkship for the Hon. John Dibble of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission. Prior to graduation Mr. Short was offered an associate attorney position with Keefe and De Pauli, P.C. in Fairview Heights where his practice concentrated in the defense of Illinois and Missouri workers' compensation claims.
In 2000 Mr. Short was hired by Hopkins Goldenberg as an associate attorney representing injured workers. In 2002 Mr. Short was offered a full partnership in a firm later renamed Goldenberg, Heller, Antognoli, Rowland and Short, where his practice included toxic exposure litigation, medical malpractice and workers' compensation claims.
Mr. Short has litigated product liability/brain damage cases; medical malpractice lawsuits, wrongful death claims and automobile accident cases. He has handled numerous cases in the Illinois Appellate Courts. Mr. Short also actively participated in the federal welding Multi-District Litigation set in Cleveland, Ohio. Mr. Short is a frequent lecturer having given seminars in Washington D.C., Las Vegas, Chicago, San Diego, St. Louis, and New Orleans.
He and his wife Jennifer, reside in Edwardsville. Illinois. He is the father to 8 kids, has 2 grandchildren, one good dog and one bad cat.
On May 3, 2011 Keith Short was sworn in as a member of the Edwardsville City Council, having been elected to represent the city's 5th Ward. He has been assigned by Mayor Gary Niebur to the Public Safety Commission and the Public Services Committee.
- Recipient of the Greater Madison County Federation of Labor's "Friend of Labor" award 2011
- Elected to Board of Managers for the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Elected Alderman Ward 5 in April 2011
- Has lived in Edwardsville's 5th Ward for 5 years Received his BA from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 1989 Received his Juris Doctorate from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 1992
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois 1992
- Licensed to practice law in Missouri 1993
- Licensed to practice in Federal Courts:
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Southern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
- Clerked for Honorable John Dibble of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission
- Instructor: Southwestern Illinois College, 1994-1997
- Partner Goldenberg Heller, Antognoli Rowland and Short, 2002-2009
- Managing partner Short and Smith, P.C. attorneys at law, Wood River
- Legal speaker having given presentations in Washington DC, Chicago, St. Louis, San Diego and Las Vegas
- Attends Metro Community Church, Member of the Wildey Development Committee, Member of Edwardsville Moose Lodge 1561
U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
Eastern District of Missouri
Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
J.D. - 1992
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
B.A. - 1989
Major: Political Science