- Seek treatment as soon as possible after the injury. Delayed treatment can affect your case.
- Follow up with your providers and do what they tell you to do. If they request imaging or therapy, do it. Not being compliant with your treatment plan can affect your recovery and your case.
- Be honest about your injuries. If it hurts, say it hurts. Do not understate or exaggerate your symptoms.
- Keep a list of the providers and where any imaging is done. It is important for your case that we have ALL of the providers’ records and bills. We cannot get the records if we do not know you treated there.
- Do not try to “hide” a previous injury. Your providers need an accurate history and so do we. If you try to hide a previous injury, it inevitably comes out during discovery.
All of the above will help provide a complete and accurate depiction of your injuries and treatment. We understand it can all be very overwhelming, especially when you just want to feel better and get back to normal. Our office is here to help. If you need a team that will work to help you get things back to normal, call the Law Office of Keith Short at 618-254-0055.